Saturday, March 26, 2011

Does Tan-from-a-bottle = Oompa Loompa??

As I sit here on my couch, waiting for my golden goddess-like tan to appear, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't come out looking ORANGE or striped.  I have to admit, I bought a bottle of Banana Boat Light/Medium lotion and used it twice over the past week.  So far, it actually looks pretty good if I do say so myself.  I think I've figured out a system by now, but I still worry each time I apply it that I'm going to end up looking like a character from Willy Wonka's chocolate factory (minus the green hair).

I've given up on tanning beds after spending a couple years working in the cosmetics industry.  Now you may think I'm shallow, but I really don't worry about getting skin cancer as much as I do about turning into a wrinkly "saddle bag."  Let's face it, I hate my freckles and freckles are SUN DAMAGE!  So this year, my tan will come from a little brown bottle, but hopefully, no one can tell by looking at me.  (Please pay no attention to my hands and bare feet.)

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! Have fun with your blog and remember -- there is no right or wrong way when it comes to blogging...only YOUR way.

    ReplyDelete