Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The "Blinc" of an Eye

I don't typically write many beauty product reviews, although I have used my fair share of products in my lifetime.  I'm a self-proclaimed product junkie, so I've actually used many people's fair share.  Since my last blog post was about the backwoods brothers of Duck Dynasty, I felt the need to return to my fashion and beauty roots for my next article...thus, a review of my new fave mascara, Blinc.

Not only have I tried almost every mascara on the market, I've researched and sold many as well.  I know every drugstore favorite and higher-end prestige brand and their reputations from fellow junkies.  Until a few weeks ago, my long-standing favorite mascara was Definicils by Lancome--despite its hefty price tag of $27.

I recently asked a girlfriend to share with me her favorite brand of mascara, and I was disappointed to learn it was Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, which I had already tried and soon after regarded as simply "eh."  She asked if I'd ever heard of the kind that tubes your lashes.  What's this?  A new product I've not yet heard of?  How is this possible?  I was shocked.  Please tell me more about this tubing mascara called Blinc!

Apparently, it's a big seller on QVC, which I don't make a habit of watching very often.  It's not as though I need further encouragement to shop.  Well, I looked up information and product reviews on Blinc mascara's web site and was interested to learn it's not like your typical waterproof mascara.  While it is, in fact, waterproof--it easily washes off with only warm water.  You see, it actually creates a "tube" around each individual lash.  In order to remove it, all you have to do is hold a warm, wet rag on your lash line for a few seconds and then wipe the tubes off.  Each tube actually slips off.  In fact, had I not read about the removal process, I may have mistaken the tubes for my actual lashes and freaked out over the immense hair loss.

Since I wasn't blessed with the natural lashes of a diva, I must rely on my Shu Uemura lash curler and some hard-core mascara.  While Blinc mascara truly separates and defines each lash, it doesn't help enhance the curl.  I find myself curling my lashes, coating them with a single application of Blinc mascara and then recurling once the mascara has had time to dry.  My only complaint with Blinc is how wet it goes on, so you really have to be careful not to smudge it onto your eyelids.  Other than that, it makes my lashes look better than they've ever looked before, and it doesn't rub off or run.

Not surprisingly, Blinc mascara doesn't come cheap, but I also am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.  It's not absurdly expensive at $26 a pop, and the site offers free shipping in the U.S.  I've searched near and far, high and low, for my holy grail mascara, and I think I've finally found it in Blinc.  I feel like shedding a tear of joy--but it's okay, my mascara is waterproof.   ; )

www.blincinc.com
















No comments:

Post a Comment