Monday, May 13, 2013

Hey, Sailor!



I don't know about you, but lately, I'm absolutely loving the red, white and blue nautical look.  Call me patriotic, but there's nothing like a bright pop of red and clean white mixed with a classic navy blue. It almost makes me want to break into a chorus of America, the Beautiful.  Perhaps I've been on a few cruises too many--or maybe I just like a traditional, all-American look.  Either way, I can't seem to get enough of striped tops and sundresses these days.

With summer fast approaching, and along with it, Texas's infamous 100+ degree temperatures, the nautical look couldn't be more appropriate.  Whether you layer a red cardigan over a white blouse with dark skinny jeans or rock a flirty striped navy/white dress with a red belt, you'll be totally on trend for the season. Keep it fresh with clean lines and dichromatic patterns, and then throw in a third color for an eye-catching pop.

J. Crew Coral Pencil Skirt, Zara Striped Tank, Pink Bubble Necklace - Stripes and Bubbles - Layla Asgari


Speaking of eye catching, as I wandered through the shoe department at Dillard's recently, I was drawn to these Gianni Bini T-strap sandals like a moth to a flame.  I couldn't put them down, and of course, once I tried them on, I was hooked.  I even adore their imitation Louboutin-esque red soles (since this may be as close as I ever get to owning a red-soled shoe). I typically pair them with a striped top and skinny jeans. As soon as I strap them on, my spirits are immediately lifted. 

http://resources.shopstyle.com/pim/36/fc/36fcbcb8273c22aed9fed8f029a2a7fb.jpg
Gianni Bini Traci T-Straps




If you haven't already, set your sails on a red, white and blue nautical-themed outfit this summer.  Maybe even slap on a bright red lipstick for a retro, pinup-girl finish.  You don't need a private yacht to pull this look off--but it will sure make you feel like a million bucks.  Anchors aweigh!





No comments:

Post a Comment