Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Weekend Recap

I always get depressed on Sunday nights.  That means it's time to get stuff in order around the house and prepare for work Monday morning.  Ugh....lately, I've had a "case of  the Mondays" EVERYday!  (That's another story for another day, though....)

All in all, I had a pretty good weekend.  Friday night, Jeremy and I went over to Mom & Dad's house to visit and have dinner with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and her kids while they're in town from Michigan.  I was so exhausted by 8:30, I was ready to head to Jeremy's house in Rockwall and crash.  

Yesterday, Jeremy worked outside on the boat while I went.....surprise, surprise....shopping!  It was kinda nice though.  I spent more than I'd planned, but the heart wants what it wants.  I got a really cute convertible dress/skirt, a peasant top, and a pair of white shorts.  We went to church last night and then out to dinner at a fabulous little Italian restaurant in downtown Rockwall called Zanata.  We split a pecan/grape/goat cheese salad and a pizza with mushrooms, pepperoni, and chorizo, and all I can say is O.M.G!!!!  It was all so good!  (Of course we each had a glass of red because that's a requirement when having gourmet pizza---or anything else, for that matter!)  Then we went home and watched a supposedly scary movie called "Let Me in," but it turned out to be pretty dumb.  I knew I should have gone to sleep after the first fifteen minutes, but I forced myself to make it through the whole thing.

I played on the computer for a bit this morning, took a nap for a little while on the couch, then laid out on the boat in the driveway while Jeremy washed it.  **Note to self:  I'm not  really as tan as I think I am because my tan is from a bottle....so I SHOULD have put on more sunscreen!  I only slathered my face, chest, upper back and shoulders.  So needless to say, my arms and legs have taken on a lobster-ish hue.  Since I only rubbed sunscreen on my shoulders and partway down my arms, I have a lovely burn line.  It's basically a "faux" farmer tan.  Nice.  Hopefully, my sunless tanner will even me out enough to look normal at work tomorrow morning.  

I don't have anything else extremely exciting to say, so I guess I'll sign off for the night.  Have a great week, everybody (or maybe I should say, all five of you!).





No comments:

Post a Comment